This template has three main parts that are great for structuring content: space for a nice background image on top, a content area for your main content, and the sidebar below in a different color.
Björn, designer at Jimdo
- Centered horizontal top navigation
- Centered horizontal sub-navigation
Sidebar on the bottom
- Large header area for background images
- Separate areas for logo and title in the header
- 3 design variations
RECOMMENDED FOR THIS TEMPLATE
- This is a great template for an online store – provide product images at the top and a cleanly arranged shop below
- Structure your content with the Columns element – for example, you can use columns to display a large image of your product next to the Store Item element
- Use large typography and lots of space to enhance the clean structure of this template
- For websites with a lot of menu items – the menu looks best with only one line of links for each level of navigation
- For websites with a large or complicated logo - this would detract from the background image
- For websites with a lot of text - use the Columns element to break text up into smaller, more legible chunks
Here are a few examples of how your website could look using the Zurich template.
Ready to get started with the Zurich template? Sign up for a new website here. If you already have a website with Jimdo, just log in and click on Templates to choose Zurich.
Ready for more? The Jimdo Blog covers all the tips and tricks you need to get the most out of your website.