With Facebook Analytics you can optimize your advertising campaigns and track how your visitors are browsing your site. To use Facebook Analytics, you need a JimdoPro or JimdoBusiness package, as well as Facebook Business Manager account.
Jimdo only provides the technical possibility to incorporate the pixel.
The following guide on how to integrate Facebook Analytics is from Jimdo and is based on information from Facebook's guide.
Creating the Facebook Pixel
To use Facebook Analytics you'll want to create a Facebook pixel first. You can then incorporate this into your Jimdo website. If you haven't yet created a pixel, proceed with the following steps:
- Log in to your Facebook Business Manager account.
- After logging in, click on the gear wheel symbol at the top right corner of your screen.
- Click on Settings again in the upper left corner of your screen and select the category Pixel under Assets.
- Then click on Create a Pixel (green button).
- Give your pixel a name and when done click on next.
Once you have completed the above steps, you've created your pixel. Please note: The pixel does not need to be set up afterwards. You can close the window and proceed directly to the following steps:
- At the top left corner, under Facebook Ads, click Pixels
- Copy the pixel ID- you will find it at the left corner below your pixel name
Pixels on your Jimdo Website
To add the previously created Facebook pixel on your Jimdo website, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Jimdo website
- Go to Menu > SEO > Facebook Analytics
- Insert your Pixel ID and click Save
Done - your Pixel is now activated. You can now find reports of the activities of your visitors directly in your Facebook Business Manager account.
The following events are tracked by Facebook on your Jimdo site:
- PageView: every page the visitor clicks on
- AddToCart: the visitor adds a product to the shopping cart
- InitiateCheckout: the visitor began an ordering process
- Purchase: the visitor pays / closes an order successfully