Using Google G Suite And Other Email Hosts
Registering a domain through Jimdo or connecting an external domain to Jimdo via nameservers makes us your default email host. This doesn't mean that you are limited to using Jimdo webmail. To use custom email servers, also known as MX Records, open the Menu, go to Settings > Domains & Email > Domains and click "Configure" in the Email Server column next to your domain:
You will now see the option to choose an email server for the domain you selected. You can choose between using the Jimdo email servers, setting up Google G Suite, or configuring your own custom MX Records.
Using Jimdo email servers
Choose the Jimdo email servers if you have an internal domain or are using an external domain that is connected via nameservers but changed your email servers to something else at some point.
Selecting Jimdo in this window will make us your email host again.
Using Google G Suite with a Jimdo domain
Google G Suite is a popular email service for anyone wanting to use the Gmail interface for their professional email accounts. A Google G Suite Basic account is not included in a Jimdo subscription, but you can sign up for Google G Suite on their website here.
To use Google G Suite with your domain, follow these steps:
- Open the Menu and go to Settings > Domains & Email > Domains.
- Click Configure in the Email Server column next to the domain you wish to use with Google G Suite.
- Select Google G Suite, then scroll down and click Save.
- Log in to your Google Apps account and enter the domain you wish to use. To start using Google G Suite with your domain, you will need to verify that you own the selected domain.
- You will see a number of different methods for verifying your domain. Choose the option to Add a meta tag to your site's home page.
- Copy the code that needs to be added to your site's home page, then log in to your Jimdo website.
- Open the Menu and go to Settings > Website > Edit Head.
- Paste the code from Google into the text box for Entire Website and click Save.
After you've completed all steps, you should be able to access your email by logging in at gmail.com. Within your Gmail settings, you will also be able to find instructions for setting up a Desktop or Mobile email client for Gmail.
Using custom MX Records
To use an external email server and configure your MX Records, follow these steps:
- Open the Menu and click Settings > Domains & Email > Domains.
- Click Configure in the Email Server column next to the domain you wish to adjust.
- Select the button next to Your MX Records.
- Enter the Hostname and Priority number for each of the MX Records for your external email provider. If you do not know what your external email provider's MX Records are, please visit their website or contact their customer support.
- Click Save.
You will now be able to add, configure, and access your email through your external email provider.