To add or remove Payment Options for your store, click Settings > Store > Payment Options. Place a checkmark next to any of the Payment Options you wish to accept in your Store.
You will need a PayPal account for businesses to accept credit card, debit card, and bank transfer payments in your Jimdo store. If you don't already have an account, you can sign up for an account on PayPal's website.
You can use PayPal's built-in tool to automatically locate your PayPal API Credentials. If you automatically locate your API Credentials, you can ignore Steps 1-9 below.
To set up PayPal as a Payment Option for your store, follow these steps:
- Go to PayPal.com and log in to your account.
Click My Account.
Click More Options.
On the left side, select My Selling Tools.
Choose Selling online.
Click Update next to API access.
Choose Option 2 - Request API Credentials.
Copy all of the necessary information for your Jimdo online store:
- API Username
- API Password
- API Signature
- Go back to your Jimdo website and click Settings > Store > Payment Options.
- Check the box next to PayPal.
- Paste in the API Username, API Password, and API Signature that you copied in Step 9.
Credit Card (PAYMILL)
With PAYMILL, you can accept credit card payments directly through your Jimdo store.
PAYMILL as a payment option is only available for JimdoBusiness customers.
PAYMILL is only available in certain countries and not currently available in the US. Visit PAYMILL's website to see a complete list of countries where PAYMILL is available.
To set up PAYMILL to accept credit card payments through your Jimdo store, follow these steps:
- Visit paymill.com and sign in to your PAYMILL account.
- Activate PAYMILL for use with your Jimdo website.
- Log in to your Jimdo site and click Settings > Store > Payment Options.
- Check the box next to Credit Card (Paymill).
- Click Connect Paymill.
- Enter your PAYMILL account credentials and click Login to grant Jimdo access to your PAYMILL account.
- Click the Authorize link to complete the setup.
Other Payment Options
For all other Payment Options besides PayPal, you can enter a special note to your customers describing how the payment will be made.
Enable Test Order as a Payment Option to test the checkout process and see what the experience will be like for your customers.
Make sure to turn off Test Order after you've seen what your checkout process looks like, otherwise your customers will be able to choose Test Order as a payment method.