You can create Discount Codes to be used by your customers during checkout by clicking Store in the Site Admin and then the Discount Codes tab.
Discount Codes can only be created by JimdoBusiness customers.
Creating Discount Codes
To create a Discount Code for your Jimdo store, follow these steps:
- Click the Store button in the Site Admin.
- Click the Discount Codes tab at the top of the window.
- Click Create a new discount code in the bottom left corner of the window.
- Type in a Name for your Discount Code. Your customers will need to type in this name exactly as you've created it to redeem their discount. It is not case sensitive.
- Type in a Value for your Discount Code.
- Use the drop down next to the Value to make this a dollar discount or a percentage off of the entire order.
- Check the box to set a Minimum Order price for this discount, then enter a dollar amount (optional).
- Check Duration if you'd like to set a Start Date and End Date for this Discount Code. Check No expiration if
you want to include a Start Date but no End Date.
- Click Create.
Managing Discount Codes
You can see a list of all your available discount codes by clicking Store in the Site Admin and then clicking on the Discount Codes tab. This list will tell you the name and the amount of each discount code, as well as how many of each discount code has been used.
You can delete a discount code by clicking the red x next to the discount you wish to delete.
If you set a Duration period, your discount code will only show up as Active during that time.
Redeeming Discount Codes
Your customers will redeem a Discount Code by entering its name into the Discount Code field during checkout. They will need to enter the name exactly as you typed it in when creating the Discount Code, including any special characters and/or spaces. After your customer clicks Redeem next to the Discount Code, the dollar discount or discount percentage will be applied to the total order.