If you already own a domain that is registered with another company, it's possible to transfer that domain to your Jimdo account.
Domains cannot be transferred within 60 days of being registered. If your domain is not yet 60 days old, consider connecting it to your Jimdo site by changing the Name Servers in the meantime.
To transfer your .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .de, .eu, or .ch domain registration to Jimdo, follow these steps:
- Contact your current registrar and ask them to unlock and prepare your domain for transfer.
- Make sure that WHOIS Privacy Protection for your domain registration is disabled.
- Determine the Administrative Contact email address for your current domain registration. If you no longer have access to this email address, contact your registrar's support to change it to an email address you can access.
- Get the Auth code (i.e. EPP Code) for the domain from your registrar.
- Contact our Support Team. In your email, provide us with the domain name, the Auth code, and the address of your Jimdo site (e.g. yoursite.jimdo.com).
- An email will be sent to the address on file for the Administrative Contact of your current domain registration after we begin the transfer. Follow the instructions in this email to verify the domain transfer. If you don't receieve this email within 24 hours, contact our Support Team.
Your registrar will have up to 10 days to complete the transfer. Typically it only takes 1-3 business days.
If you aren't sure if you have WHOIS privacy protection turned on, or if you want to see more details about your current domain registration, use the WHOIS domain search at internic.net.
Back up your domain-associated email accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to starting the domain transfer. After the domain is transferred, you can either reconnect your email accounts to your previous host, or create new email accounts with us (you can use the same usernames).
Transferring Your Domain to Another Registrar
If you wish to transfer a domain you have registered with Jimdo to another registrar, simply contact our Support Team. We will unlock the domain and provide you with the Auth code you'll need to give to your new registrar.
Transferring your domain to another registrar will not automatically cancel your Jimdo subscription.