If you already own a domain that is registered with another company, it's possible to transfer that domain to your Jimdo account.
Domains cannot be transferred within 60 days of being registered. If your domain is not yet 60 days old, consider connecting it to your Jimdo site by changing the Name Servers in the meantime.
To transfer your .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, .de, or .ch domain registration to Jimdo, follow these steps:
- Contact your current registrar and ask them to unlock and prepare your domain for transfer.
- Make sure that WHOIS Privacy Protection for your domain registration is disabled.
- Determine the Administrative Contact email address for your current domain registration. If you no longer have access to this email address, contact your registrar's support to change it to an email address you can access.
- Get the Auth code (i.e. EPP Code) for the domain from your registrar.
- Login to your Jimdo website and go to Settings > Email and Domain Management > Domains, then click on Connect Domain next to the domain that you want
Read the notes section thoroughly and place a check-mark next to each paragraph to confirm that you've read it.
Next, scroll down and fill in the domain authorization code (see Step 4 above if you don't have one). Keep scrolling to fill in the domain contact information for yourself or your
After you've marked all of the check boxes and filled in all of the necessary information, a Transfer "mydomain.com"
button will appear at the bottom of the screen. Click this to continue.
You'll see a confirmation pop up with the next steps.
An email will be sent to the address on file for the Administrative Contact of your current domain registration after you begin the transfer. Follow the instructions in this email to verify the domain transfer. If you don't receive this email within 24 hours, contact our Support Team.
Your registrar will have up to 10 days to complete the transfer. Typically it only takes 1-3 business days.
You can also start this process by going to Settings > Email and Domain Management > Transfer a Domain.
If you don't see the Transfer a Domain option under Email and Domain Management, please contact our support team with the domain URL and your *.jimdo.com subdomain so we can add it to your account.
If you aren't sure if you have WHOIS privacy protection turned on, or if you want to see more details about your current domain registration, use the WHOIS domain search at internic.net.
Back up your domain-associated email accounts (email@example.com) prior to starting the domain transfer. After the domain is transferred, you can either reconnect your email accounts to your previous host, or create new email accounts with us (you can use the same usernames).