You can add an Element by clicking the plus (+) sign icon that appears when you hover your cursor over the Content Area. You can delete, copy, or move an Element by hovering over it and using the controls that appear on the left side.
If you are adding your first Element to the Content Area or the Sidebar on one of your pages, hover your cursor over the plus (+) sign icon and click the button that says Add New Element. If you already have at least one Element on a page, hover near the top or bottom of an existing Element and click the plus (+) sign to add a new Element.
Click on the Element you wish to add from the Element menu. For a complete list of the Elements you can use with Jimdo, refer to the main Elements page.
There is a limit of 200 Elements per page. If you are unable to add an element to a page, this may be the reason.
To copy an Element, hover over the element and click the overlapping squares icon.
To delete an Element, hover over it and click the trash can icon. You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to delete that Element. There is no way to recover a deleted Element.
Elements can be moved within a page and also from one page to another.
To move an Element to a different place on the same page, hover over the Element and click the up or down arrows. You can also hover over the element, click and hold the right side where the crosshairs appear, and drag the Element to another position on the page.
Use a Columns element to place multiple elements next to each other. You can drag any Element into a column within the Columns element. This is perfect for placing Text next to a Photo or for placing Share Buttons next to a Store Item.
To move an Element from one page to another, follow these steps:
- Hover over the Element you want to move.
- Click and hold the right side of the Element where the crosshairs appear.
- Drag the Element toward the top right corner of the page. A clipboard will appear where you can drop the Element.
- By clicking on the links in your Navigation, navigate to the page where you want to put the Element.
- Click and drag the Element from the clipboard into the position on the page where you want to place it.